July 25, 2012

Castel Cake

So Mr Mar Sr cousin had her 30th birthday, her wish from me was a castle cake, a pink one, with flowers, it has to be girly. Here is my how to.

Pink girl castle cake

To make the torrect I first pocked out LOTS of little cercals using a 14mm pipping tip.

Pink girl castle cake making the tiles

What I had LOTS I started to glue (with water) the cercals onto a cone. The first row is the hardest. But I wet the cone a bit then pushed quite hard the first row on.

Pink girl castle cake Pink girl castle cake

Make sure you leave the first one you glue on sticking out a bit so you can pock the last one under the first one to complete the cercal.

Pink girl castle cake

Keep going around untill done, I finnished the top of with one right on the point.

Pink girl castle cake

Pink girl castle cake

Now onto making the tower parts.  Fisrt I took the cardbord out of the center of a paper roll and covered it with cling foil. I rolled out the fondunt at 5mm think. Went over with the cobbel stone imprition mat using a fondunt smother.

Pink girl castle cake

When I had a good imprition on the fondunt I cut it out to the hight I needed and the apoximet wideth. I then wrapped it around the tube and cut along the overlying part. It is a bit tricky to do this but it makes a nice finnsh.

Pink girl castle cake

 

After that has all dried over night till a few hours. I accualy let this dry for nerly a week as we went on a short trip, and I only had 2 days to finnsih the cake after I got back. Put the points ontop of the towers. Take your cake and cut the coners off. This is where the towers will be placed.

Roll out more fonunt at 5mm then, put an imprtion on it cut to fit your 4 sides of the cake and around the top cake. Let it dry for a bit 20-30mins then place onto the cake and fix with some royal icing. You can tell I mixed my royal icing a tadd to dark. But it realy dosn’t matter.

Pink girl castle cake

Cut out doors, and windows using a paper template. I did the windows in yellow and the doors in brown fondunt. After that I painted the doors a bit to give it a bit more of a wood look then coloerd look. I colord some royal icing brown to make the vines going up the casel walls, this also helped cover the botched colord job of royal icing I used to clue it all together.

Pink girl castle cake

After the vines were added, we put in some flowers and leaves. We made the flowers wiht flower punchers.

Pink girl castle cake

When the caselt was finnished all I had to do was add a small mout, draw brindge, and grass. The bride is just a pice of rolled out fondunt. The stones are made out of mabaling black and white fondunt and rolling into small balls. The water is just plain geletien mixed with a bit of blue and green food colorering and some lusterdust. The grass is coloerd coconut (color with liquid or powederd coloer mixed with vodaka) I used some green royal icing to stick the coconut on.

Pink girl castle cake

The string you can make out on the top 3 towers was because I stuck them together with royal icing and didn’t want them to fall appart while travling in the car. So when I got to the party I cut the string off.

Pink girl castle cake

At the party All done

Pink girl castle cake