August 14, 2012

Messy Play

So the other day I let the kids have time to experiment around a bit. I mixed some corn-starch with water. This stuff is fun to play with as if you move your finger through slowly it is liquid but if you try to do the same thing fast it is solid. So it is grate for the kids to experiment with. At first I let them play with the plain white mixture.

Messy Play

Messy Play

Afterwards I let them choose 2 colours to put into there one.

Messy Play

Messy Play

Messy Play

Messy Play

IMG_1115-raw-edit copy

When ever they wanted more colours I asked them what they think was going to happen. And just let them play. I think they played for over an hour before they got board with it.

At some point Miss Mar noticed she can roll it into a ball, Mr Mar Jr was doing little snake type things.

Messy Play

Then when they stop rolling the mixture they let it run between there fingers.

They played for over an hour with this mixture. To keep it a bit contained I put the mixture on baking trys. It still put corn-starch all over the place but defiantly kept it more confined.